Friday, April 3, 2015

PT Week 3 Update

Well, I'm almost done! I only have one week of physical therapy left. The good news is that I was able to run this week! I did ten minutes on Monday and fifteen yesterday. The hammy still doesn't feel 100%, but it felt better the longer I ran so I'm happy with that progress. I have been wearing a neoprene knee sleeve and it seems like it helps keep me from overextending my leg when I run or walk.

I was instructed to walk the Hot Chocolate 15k tomorrow. I plan on doing that, but if I feel good, I might sneak a couple short run breaks in there too. I'm actually a little worried about keeping up with the time limit (which is a foreign feeling to me thankfully), but I got placed in one of the earlier corrals so I think that I should be okay.

I have a half day at work today and we are leaving for Philly as soon as I get done, so I'm counting down the minutes even more than usual! I can't wait to hang out with my best friend all weekend and eat absurd amounts of chocolate tomorrow! ;) I'll be back sometime next week with a recap of the race!

No comments:

Post a Comment